My chops are fairly simple: I write. Why do I write? Because I have to. When I awake, I am drawn to my computer–used to be a typewriter, whatever that is–and compelled by some urge unexplainable to jot a word. Ray Bradbury says he has to do that each morning, too, but he’s Ray Bradbury and I’m not.
Since I was eight years old, a very long time ago, I have conjured stories in my fevered brain and written them on paper, or walls, or sidewalks, whatever. It is like I have to get them out of my mind before they drive me out of my mind.
I made a living once as a newspaper reporter in Indiana. Heaven! I got paid for writing, all day. So now, I want to write for a living again. The prospect excites me to no end.
Here’s my proposition: hire me and I’ll write for you. Check out this website of mine to see if I can write or not and to see that I am interested in almost all things going on in life. I have contributed to some other sites on the web, if you want to browse a bit. One is http://voicesofthevalleys.wordpress.com/ that once was a weekly offering in the Sunday edition of the Roanoke Times in Roanoke, VA. (That’s where I live. In Roanoke, VA, not in the Times.)
Oh, click on to roanoke.com, look me up and read some stuff I’ve had published there.
Of course, there are my two novels For the Heart’s Treasure and Children of Bast, both available in print and e-book editions at amazon.com. If one goes to smashwords.com, they are also available at reduced costs (recommended!).
Also, Google me. I’ve written a lot on the web, so go to some of the sites for which I have written and give me a perusal.
What do I charge for writing and editing for you? Let’s negotiate, okay?
Here’s what I can do:
- What kind of work I do? I think I can write on any topic if I can research it. I’m a good researcher.
- Specific qualifications. I’ve been a writer all my life, published in many places. Taught writing and English for over 20 years.
- Relevant experience. I was a newspaper reporter for several years. Sports editor, straight news, special articles and weekly columnist.
- Links to samples. Links are above. Please check them out.
- Testimonials. Go to www.linkedin.com and read my testimonials
My little writing business is called Have Computer/Will Write, reminiscent of the old TV western Have Gun, Will Travel. Don’t like guns, and I can’t afford to travel. I may be getting punchy–dunno.
(Blog claim code V6SYQ6Z3T3PK)